As we all prepare for a new year and a new start, it is important to think about our goals and how we will make sure they stick this time around. Hiring a personal trainer near you is definitely recommended but Here are 11 steps to help you make your New Year’s goal stick:
1. Get Clear On Your Goal: Start by getting clear on your goal. Is it a short-term goal or a long-term goal? What will it take to achieve it? What do you need to do and when? Get as specific as you can with your goal so that you have a clear plan and timeline to follow.
2. Write It Down: Write down your goal in a place where you will see it every day. This could be on a whiteboard, post-it note, or even in your journal. Seeing it every day will help to keep it top of mind and will serve as a constant reminder of what you are working towards.
3. Break It Down Into Smaller Steps: Breaking down your goal into smaller steps will make it seem less overwhelming and will help you to stay motivated. Make a list of all the things that need to be done in order to achieve your goal.
4. Set Deadlines: Setting deadlines for each step will help you stay on track and motivated. Setting deadlines for yourself will also help you to prioritize your tasks and ensure that you’re not procrastinating.
5. Make A Plan: Make a plan for how you will complete each step. This could be a daily, weekly, or monthly plan. Include tasks and deadlines for each step as well as time frames for when you plan to have them completed.
6. Track Your Progress: Tracking your progress is a great way to stay on track and stay motivated. Keep a log of what you have done and what still needs to be done. This will also help you to see how far you have come and how close you are to achieving your goal.
7. Celebrate Your Successes: As you make progress towards your goal, make sure to take time to celebrate your successes. This could be a reward for completing a task, or simply taking a moment to appreciate how far you’ve come.
8. Stay Positive: Staying positive is essential when trying to reach your goal. Focus on the progress you have made and the progress you will make. Don’t dwell on any setbacks or mistakes, but instead use them as an opportunity to learn and grow.
9. Seek Support: Having support from others can help you stay motivated and on track. Consider joining a group fitness class or finding a personal trainer in Glen Cove who can help you stay focused and provide feedback and encouragement.
10. Hold Yourself Accountable: Hold yourself accountable for your progress by setting up regular check-ins with yourself. Monitor your progress and adjust your plan as needed.
11. Don’t Give Up or quit: Finally, don’t give up! The number one reason that most people don’t reach their goals is that they quit. It can be easy to lose motivation when things get tough, but remember why you set the goal in the first place. Anything worth pursuing is hard and takes time. But with patience and perseverance, you can achieve anything you set your mind to.
I’d love the opportunity to help. Click Here to set up a no sweat intro appointment.