Below are what I call the “Simple 6”. 6 steps to supercharge your health!
1. Walk 10,000 steps per day. Gets your body moving and it’s great for you mental health.
2. Strength train and get sweaty at least 2x per week. Strength training is important as we age to maintain muscle mass and bone density and “getting sweaty” will help improve heart health and blood flow.
3. Sleep 6+ hours each night. Most people are over stressed and under recovered because of poor sleep habits and a lack of high quality sleep. Those that stay up late or have trouble sleeping also tend to overeat.
4. Aim for 1 gram of protein per pound of bodyweight per day. Protein helps rebuild and repair your muscles and body, keeps you full longer than fats and carbs, and also requires more energy to digest.
5. Drink at least half of your bodyweight in ounces of water per day. Many people mistake thirst for hunger and thus overeat. Dehydration also causes headaches and a reduction in brain function and overall performance.
6. Spend at least 1 hour outside everyday. I prefer direct sunlight for vitamin d and energy that makes me feel awesome.
Lift some weights, get outside to walk, play, and get sun, get sweaty, eat a lot of protein, drink a lot of water, and get your rest. Then do it all over again!