Today is June 30. By tomorrow, over 70% of the people who joined a gym in January will have stopped showing up. This is a shame because the real key to fitness and health is consistency.
To build a lifelong fitness practice:
– You have to find a workout program you like;
– You have to have an appointment with a personal trainer or group class to exercise (not just the desire);
– You have to be accountable to someone else (like a coach or training buddy).
Think about the fittest person you know. I’m willing to bet:
– They love their workout, whether it’s running or strength training
– They do it at the same time, all the time;
– They have a list of friends who they only know because of their chosen workouts.
These people aren’t more social than anyone else. They’re not exercise fanatics. They don’t have more time in their day. They’re not more disciplined, don’t have more willpower–there’s nothing that makes them “born to be fit”. It’s the other way around:
– They tried a few things until they found something they like;
– They work out because they’ve scheduled their workout in their day, not because they have more ‘free time than anyone else;
– They have a personal trainer or a group fitness class or a buddy who makes sure they show up on time.
Who’s your fitness buddy?
My team and I (and our gym fam) will be your fitness buddies if you’d like, just click here and set up a free no sweat intro consultation.